Seldom surprises come that big... especially when reading Sciene or Finnish
epic Kalevala:

The 150th anniversary edition of Finnish National Epic "Kalevala" with a
commentary dedicates a whole chapter to the events about sudden changes in the
Earth's turning axis in the ancient distant past according to Kalevala. (I
always discounted this as a rubbish, but today found this possibility being
discussed in Science Magazine as below.)

To me this is another possible warning sign of ice sheet land containment
failures in the past when the warmed and wet ice sheets started to float on its
own melt waters and lost its footing on elevated grounds and fell suddenly into
sea. If so, the mooring of Greenland ice is a very important geoengineering
consideration as the suppoting sea ice disappears.

If you know any other ancient literature which refers to turning of earth axis
or anomalies in the length of day, I would be very happy to get references of
science magazines and literature as this builds on argument that the warmed ice
in Greenland may suddenly slide out like melting snow falls from roof as a
sheet rather than melting peacefully into oblivion.

Mercy on us, if this Science article is right, we might be in yet another
serious trouble if there is coupling of marine losses with the terrestrial ice
losses in the nearby Geenland.

Source: Science Magazine
Authors: Jerry X. Mitrovica, Natalya Gomez, and Peter U. Clark
Science 6 February 2009 323: 753 [DOI: 10.1126/science.1166510]

Scientists say the collapse of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet would have such
profound effects it would shift the planet’s rotation, sending a bulge of water
into the Northern Hemisphere.

The enormous ice sheet, which many experts believe could collapse as the
climate warms, is so heavy that as it melts it “will actually cause the Earth’s
rotation axis to shift rather dramatically,” reports a team led by geophysicist
Jerry Mitrovica, at the University of Toronto.

http://www.canada.com/melt+shift+earth+rotation/1260349/story.html