Of course, this is just nomenclature so there is no "right" answer.

Capture from power plants is commonly referred to by "carbon capture and
storage" which I think should really be "carbon capture and disposal" since
the attempt is to dispose of the carbon (storage generally implies intent to
retrieve at a later date, which is not the case with most proposed carbon
capture and disposal ).

Both air capture and power plant capture with subsequent disposal could be
considered two varieties of the same thing:

Maybe for short it could be:

point-source [or power-plant] carbon capture and disposal (PCCD)
air carbon caption and disposal (ACCD)

[ I have largely given up on getting the world to use the more descriptive
"disposal" rather than the spinmeister's inaccurate use of  "storage". We
had this debate during the writing of the 2005 IPCC special report. It was
clear to all rational people that "disposal" was more accurate, but that
"storage" was better for selling the idea. In this case, the majority of
IPCC authors, who were supposed to take a neutral stance, clearly let their
prescriptive instincts take over and used language that would help them sell
the idea. ]

Ken Caldeira

Carnegie Institution Dept of Global Ecology
260 Panama Street, Stanford, CA 94305 USA

kcalde...@ciw.edu; kcalde...@stanford.edu
http://dge.stanford.edu/DGE/CIWDGE/labs/caldeiralab
+1 650 704 7212; fax: +1 650 462 5968