Josh, Ken, List

  I also am perplexed.  By "out year", I meant several things: increased soil
productivity, reduced fertilizer requirements, reduced irrigation needs and
likely less N2O release.   Possibly for millennia, certainly centuries.

     Energy provision follows from the desirable use of the valuable pyrolysis
gases and liquids. Even the no gas/liquid approach called HTC (hydrothermal
carbonization) has a 200 C hot water/steam "waste" stream.

  The other CDR approaches I am comparing to are artificial trees, whole-tree
burial, and those ocean fertilization systems that are not supplying material
for Biochar.

  I believe that albedo decrease is an important topic for more research - but
likely not a showstopper with Biochar - but might be for tree- planting alone.

Ron

Sent from my iPad