royalsociety.org/events/Bakerian2011/

>From memory ocean storage was pretty safe in theory. Co2 and water dissolve
together to create a mixture more dense than either.

The demo was pretty cool but I'm on my phone so I can't check if the video
is still up.

You can pester the lecturer for a YouTube video if you like

What about earthquake, flood basalt, dissolution into subducting rock, etc?
All a bit unstable and complex for my liking, those great lakes of co2
sitting down there. Plus, won't it turn marine snow into methane?