Dear Dr Vivien

You said -

> Also, how could you ensure the "right" phytoplankton would bloom to ensure
> the albedo effect.

This is the core issue.

Based on a combined reading of all papers on the subject I understand
the following -
Coccolithophores increase Albedo and DMS production and
Diatoms sequester more carbon by falling to ocean bed.

Coccolithophores have a calcium carbonate shell and Diatoms a silica
shell.

Since 2005 we are successfully growing Diatoms in open waters in large
lakes, using our silica based micro nutrient.
This works on the principle that since Diatoms require silica, they
consume it and grow rapidly and dominate the water as long as it is
fertilized with this product.

This product also contains calcium, but only a very small quantity -
the amount required for photosynthesis.

Perhaps if we increase the calcium to the maximum extent possible, we
can make Coccolithophores consume it and bloom rapidly and also
sustain the bloom for a long period of time, through continuous
fertilization.

Thus we can achieve a more targeted phytoplankton bloom, by developing
products / fertilizers that focus on each species / group of
phytoplankton.

best regards

Bhaskar
www.nualgi.com/new