> Am I right to be concerned, or am I just ignorant of the literature?

Regarding ocean albedo: I think this is true.
The state-of-the-art ocean (CMIP5) climate models of which I am aware
prescribe ocean albedo based on wavelength, zenith angle, and the
direct/diffuse distinction, and neglect explicit dependence on biology
and wind-speed (whitecaps/foam). However, biology (in terms of
predicted chlorphyll concentration) is explicitly used to determine
the penetration depth of radiation, which influences upper ocean
stability.

On the other hand, most current ocean climate models include a
biogeochemical component that explicitly represents carbon pools and
fluxes to the deep ocean.

As to whether there is reason to be concerned about these model
limitations, it's likely that part of the blooms vs. no-blooms albedo
effect is implicitly accounted for in the empirical data on which the
employed parameterizations are based. That said, I think it's worth
investigating whether "climatological" blooms could cause a
non-negligible bias in the prescribed albedo. In my opinion it's more
likely that neglect of the net effects wavy ocean surfaces on longwave
emissivity are larger than shortwave effects of bloom albedo. But they
are two entirely different effects which both should be addressed.

Charlie