As a follow-up to the disturbing (but forthright) Tyndall Center
presentation, I¹d suggest reading a plan for actually making the changes
needed to  make a significant difference in the climate change trajectory.
My recommendation would be to read the book ³World on the Edge: How to
Prevent Environmental and Economic Collapse² by Lester R. Brown. It is
available as a pdf file at
http://www.earth-policy.org/images/uploads/book_files/wotebook.pdf

Yes, a real challenge, but plausible. What is most needed is leadership and
commitment, so at least we make a good try at limiting global warming and
the associated problems he talks about, namely water resources, food, and
soils. Without even trying the type of effort that is suggested, history
will likely be very hard on today¹s (and yesterday¹s‹covering a couple of
decades) leaders.

Mike MacCracken