kcalde...@stanford.edu geoengineering@googlegroups.com

Hello Ken et al.,

I am in total agreement with the views expressed by Ken
regarding the need for conducting extremely well-planned,
wholly open, carefully assessed, limited duration
geoengineering field-tests.

The case for not conducting such experiments is in my
view vanishingly small. I see absolutely no virtue in
dying with a clear conscience, based on doing nothing,
especially if that entails the concomitant demise of
billions of other people who are not in a position to
influence their own future.

Best Wishes,    John       lat...@ucar.edu

John Latham
Address: P.O. Box 3000,MMM,NCAR,Boulder,CO 80307-3000
Email: lat...@ucar.edu  or john.latha...@manchester.ac.uk
Tel: (US-Work) 303-497-8182 or (US-Home) 303-444-2429
 or   (US-Cell)   303-882-0724  or (UK) 01928-730-002
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/people/latham