These ionization cloud seeding companies seem to me to be little more
than a blend of "free-energy" style investor scams, and the old
"rain-making or your money back" scams that have run for hundreds of
years. There's no real science behind them, and the operations seem
shady at best. They simply claim success if it rains.

Here's some good coverage of criticism of the field from NatGeo
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/01/110118-abu-dhabi-desert-rain-cloud-seeding-controversy/

Mick West
contrailscience.com