It seems their critique boils down to:

(1) It is a "techno-fix"
(2) They claim (without substantiation) that it disempowers people from
developing countries
(3) That it would need to be deployed at large scale.

While (3) is clearly right, I think few people see solar geoengineering as
a "fix" (unless you call chemotherapy a "techno-fix" for cancer).

My sense is that they are wrong on (2). Solar geoengineering may be seen as
empowering relatively poor tropical countries to take control (or at least
to threaten to take control) of their own climate-- countries that may see
crop failure as a result of CO2 emissions largely from rich countries.

CO2 emissions on a massive scale is something that mostly rich countries
do. Solar geoengineering is something that poor countries can do.