The subhead under the title of Clive's *Nature*
piece<http://www.nature.com/news/no-we-should-not-just-at-least-do-the-research-1.12777>"
*No we should not just at least do the research*" accuses anyone who takes
the position that geoengineering research should be undertaken of not
carefully thinking through what they are advocating.  I.e. it states:  "the
idea of applying geoengineering research to mitigate climate change has not
been thought through".  So Paul
Crutzen<http://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2Fs10584-006-9101-y.pdf>,
to take an example of a mere Nobel prize winner who at one point in his
career was the most cited author in the Geosciences, who might happen to
read Clive's piece, would have to believe Clive means he has not "thought
through" what he is advocating.

According to Clive in his Nature piece, anyone who believes "we should at
least do the research" has a "naive understanding of the world" that is out
of touch with "reality".  That would be people like Ken Caldeira, or Alan
Robock:  Clive is saying these researchers are not in touch with "reality".

According to Dr. Rapley, Clive actually feels "misunderstood".

When you set yourself up as the guy who has thought things through as
opposed to everyone else who hasn't, you really should have a bit more than
Clive seems to be offering.  People will be looking for something original
and coherent.