Hi thanks for this. Perhaps it is a cultural or translation issue, but
'outlandish' is quite an 'outlandish' word for a scientific paper. - I am
struck by the application of this term for painting roofs white, OIF and
mirrors in space because taking these examples, we do all of these things
already:
We have, i dont know how many, black rooves in the world already(why is white
worse);
We pump sewage and drain fertiliser from the land around the world in I dont
know what quantity daily in very concentrated time and space in inshore waters
which are much more vulnerable (fertilising the ocean in shallow seas with low
water exchange often);
And we pump i dont know how much dust into the atmosphere daily, globally, on a
rather large scale.
On top of these, we are already doing an amazing amount of other things to
Earth on the most incredible scale. And we dont seem to be able to agree to
stop.
I am not sure i understand why efforts with the intention of being positive are
viewed so negatively when things we do in full knowledge of their negative
impacts are allowed to continue and increase with little or no successful
strategies to stop them.
Best wishes,
Emily.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2