In the article Ken attached, the text offers the view on CDR (which
included BECCS) that "None of these currently can be deployed quickly on a
large scale.". Funding is the only limiting factor for many of the CDR
methods. And, this view of CDR being a non-starter on the scale side of the
equation is simply not supportable. Specifically concerning the Marine
BECCS concept, expansion should be supported on a robust scale simply for
the biofuel and non-fuel commodities (with CDR and oceanic pH adjustment as
convenient by-products).

In simple words, BECCS has the ability to address the foundational problem
of FF use and Marine BECCS avoids the bulk of the limiting issues found in
terrestrial BECCS. The SRM side of the GE debate is completely unable to
contribute at even the environmental remedial level much less being able to
address the core problem of FF use. Also, Marine BECCS needs no further
development of the international governance issue for all nations to be
able to use the method to help meet their needs for basic
food/feed/fuel/fertilizer/freshwater/polymers etc.

Best,

Michael