From: geoengineering@googlegroups.com [geoengineering@googlegroups.com] on
behalf of David Lewis [jrandomwin...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2014 9:21 AM
To: geoengineering@googlegroups.com
Subject: [geo] Re: Dr Evil

Goldblatt said in 2013:  "our estimate is that it would take 30,000 ppm CO2 in
the atmosphere to make it warm enough to trigger this runaway greenhouse", i.e.
boil the oceans away.  He said this was a finding in the Goldblatt et.al.  Low
simulated radiation limit for runaway greenhouse
climates<http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v6/n8/full/ngeo1892.html> paper
published at that time.  He was
quoted<http://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/runaway-greenhouse-easier-trigger-earth-thought-study-says-f6C10761164>
 in an NBC interview, saying this "really seems quite unlikely".

Would 30,000 ppm seem unlikely to Dr. Evil?  The man had a base on the Moon. Is
ISIS just Dr. Evil diverting our attention from his extraterrestrial carbon
import program?