Alan,

We are agreed that there is a need for governance when there is some
expectation of substantial direct effect.

As you suggest, the physical descriptions of proposed activities should
determine whether a governance regime is triggered.

Best,

Ken

Ken Caldeira

Carnegie Institution for Science
Dept of Global Ecology
260 Panama Street, Stanford, CA 94305 USA
+1 650 704 7212 kcalde...@carnegiescience.edu
http://dge.stanford.edu/labs/caldeiralab
https://twitter.com/KenCaldeira

My assistant is Dawn Ross <dr...@carnegiescience.edu>, with access to