Hey Everybody,

I’ve been passively a part of this group for a while.  I see a lot of
technical, high-cost solutions here
for CDR, but I haven’t seen alot on CDR or mitigation strategies that uses
natural processes like
ecosystem restoration.

One of the most ambitious, and surprising solutions I’ve seen for preventing
amplifying
methane feedback loops in the Arctic is the work of the Zimov’s at Pleistocene
Park.  They hypothesize
that bringing back large herds of mammals can restore Pleistocene era
grasslands in the Siberian Tundra,
which would in turn help keep the temperature of the permafrost lower and
prevent catastrophic methane
releases.

The Zimov’s work has been featured in VICE, New Scientist, Smithsonian, and
countless journals,
and their evidence is pretty compelling.

The reason I wanted to post this is I’m hosting a webinar Saturday with Nikita
Zimov, who is in the middle
of a kickstarter campaign that ends Sunday morning.

If you want to learn more about Pleistocene Park, or geo-engineering via
ecosystem restoration,
then come join us on Saturday (April 8, 10:30AM PST)  We’ll have a 45 minute
presentation with Nikita, followed by a Q&A
where you can ask him any questions that you have.

Here’s the link to the webinar for those interested:
http://www.sustainabledesignmasterclass.com/zimov
<http://www.sustainabledesignmasterclass.com/zimov>

Best,
Raleigh Latham