Only thing I'd add to Klaus's nice summary is this:

We don't know of a model for decision-making on a global intervention on
any other issue yet that can apply neatly to this kind of action.

- CFC/ozone diplomacy was about mitigating something, not adding something.

- Nuclear test ban same.

So the question isn't just "who decides." It's also who decides how to
decide.

- Andy

[image: --]

Andrew Revkin
[image: https://]about.me/revkin
<https://about.me/revkin?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=chrome_ext>

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Ken Caldeira <
kcalde...@carnegiescience.edu> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> This Sunday evening, I am supposed to help kick off a discussion about
> what we know and what we don't know about solar geoengineering.
>
> https://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?id=17348
>
> It would be helpful if some people on this group could attempt to answer
> these questions:
>
> *1. What are the most important things we know about solar geoengineering?*
>
> *2. What are the most important things we don't know about solar
> geoengineering?*
>
> I would appreciate it if you could put your answers in the form of bullet
> points and not write essays. It would also help if you could cite a key
> relevant paper or two.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken
>

> *Ken Caldeira*
> *Carnegie Institution for Science*
> Dept of Global Ecology
> 260 Panama St
> Stanford CA 94305 USA
> +1 650 704 7212 <(650)%20704-7212>
> http://CarnegieEnergyInnovation.org
> http://dge.stanford.edu/labs/caldeiralab
> <http://dge.stanford.edu/labs/caldeiralab>
>
> Assistant, with access to incoming emails: Jess Barker
> jbar...@carnegiescience.edu

*ANDREW C. REVKIN*
*ProPublica Senior Reporter
<https://www.propublica.org/site/author/andrew_revkin> (*climate etc.)