Dear colleagues,
I would first and foremost like to wish a happy and successful year 2018 to all.
I have just read on Gentside website that there was some significant but rare
snowing in the Ain region of Algeria, in the Sahara desert in december 2016 and
early 2017. This phenomenon has only occured 4 times since 1979  in a region
where mean temperatures can reach 50 oC. So the question is: if this trend
continues and based on recent developments in SRM and CDR research, what
opportunities and challenges do you foresee from the sahara desert snowing?
For more information, kindly translate this French edition of the Gentside
Link:
http://www.maxisciences.com/sahara/la-neige-est-tombee-au-sahara-et-a-recouvert-les-dunes-du-desert_art40134.html

Best regards,
Cush