I see two things to keep in mind here: first, climate intervention is a
deliberate attempt to improve things that have been made worse by human
actions, so, it is not comparable in that regard to anthropogenic climate
change or to pollution more generally, which are not deliberate attempts to
achieve various objectives, but are rather side effects of other
activities. Second, there are many attempts to improve environmental
things, but most of them are done at regional, not global levels. The work
to reduce the ozone hole, the Antarctic treaty and governance of Antarctic
activities, and (insufficient) reductions of killing large ocean mammals
are some that are deliberate attempts to improve environmental things at
very large to global scales, thus, are somewhat comparable to climate
intervention. Maybe regulation of nuclear weapons might count, but it's a
pretty distinctive issue, more concerned with reduction of risk than
reduction of existing damage. I don't think any of these examples involved
the Global South, or issues like equity and inclusivity at all, but no
doubt others know much more about them than I do and can comment on that.
While there are were were some concerns about negative impacts of these
activities, these concerns have mostly been about perceptions of economic
disadvantages, I think, while opposition to and alarm about climate
intervention is largely about perceived (mostly unknown) threats and risks
to health, well being, the environment, nature, etc. in addition to the
(getting tiresome) arguments about moral hazards. Notably I don't think
moral hazards were an issue with any of these other attempts to reduce or
prevent anthropogenic damages and harms.