Hi All
I am forwarding this thread to  BEIS,  UK Government Department in charge of
climate matters.  I used to send  preprints and a selection of important
results to David Mackay  the Chief Scientist at DECC the previous Department in
charge.  He really understood the science and engineering of the issue and made
useful contributions.  I even got two mentions in his excellent book on
renewable energy.   But when climate responsibility was transferred to BEIS I
was ticked off for writing to individuals and threatened with blacklisting if I
continued to do so.  You now have to write to
enquir...@beis.gov.uk<mailto:enquir...@beis.gov.uk>.  They used to send back an
email to say that they hoped to reply within 15 days but no longer do this, at
least to emails from me.
I have come to the conclusion that they mainly want to escape future blame when
awful things happen and will just pass the blame on to IPCC.  If this is wrong
I hope that they will reply and tell us about all the important work they have
done.

Stephen Salter
Emeritus Professor of Engineering Design
School of Engineering
Mayfield Road
Edinburgh EH9 3DW
0131 650 5704