Hi Ari,

Great work.

One thing to take a look at is the bindings in CVS for Geos 3 which are a fair bit different because they are based on the C API. Almost all the code is centralized in geos.i, but you'll have to implement a couple of methods for Ruby (see python.i or ruby.i for examples).

Also, for GEOS 3 the SWIG bindings are included in the build system. For perl to be added would require the correct automake macros, see the python and ruby examples again (see the top levels macro directory). You'll also need a Makefile.am in the python directory.

3. ran swig (in msys) with arguments: -c++ -perl5 -o geos_wrap.cxx ../geos.i

The resulting geos_wrap.cxx had to be fixed by adding
#ifdef select
  #undef select
#endif

Around "Workaround perl5 global namespace..."

Can you add this via %inline in perl.i?

I'll probably do more tests with the module later, but this looks promising --
and the annoying things that I had to fix are assumably non-problems under
Linux. Thanks for Sean and Charlie for setting up the environment.

Check out Geos 3, and let me know what annoying things you run into and I'll get the fixed.

Once again, great work.

Charlie