On 6/16/2010 1:53 AM, Sean Gillies wrote:
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Robert Coup
<robert.c...@koordinates.com>  wrote:
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:16 PM, strk<s...@keybit.net>  wrote:

I'm plaing with drupal recently and be wondering
if the SWIG binding for GEOS are still in use by
anyone or not.
Yes, we use the Ruby ones.

Charlie

In particular, I think Shapely and GeoDjango
are using a direct interface rather than swig, right ?

Yep, they both access the C library using the Python ctypes module. AFAIK
they just wanted to expose clean "pythonic" interfaces rather than the
hybrid stuff SWIG produces...

From time to time I hear from some one who is using the SWIG bindings for Ruby.

Are there any libffi (used by ctypes) intefaces for PHP? If so, I'd
recommend giving that a try.

Cheers,

--
Charlie Savage