In the medium term, (targetting 2.0)  CSIRO is resourcing

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-552

in the short term, IMHO it would be very useful to support GML3.2, as
INSPIRE (a bigger market for WFS than everything that has gone before)
will mandate this.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-2378

I'd be interested in seeing what else is targeted for 2.0 in the
emerging roadmap, and what it's big announcement is. Meeting basic SDI
requirements seems a pretty good reason, and we cant begin to claim
this until we land these issues.

Rob Atkinson