The approach with the generic "security" mapping in web.xml is ok for me.  I
only want to get rid of this patch file.

If we use the geoxacml component for geoserver itself (this is the
intension), then, I think, it must be a core component.

I urgently need the geoxamcl sub folder in the geoserver data dir (web2),
otherwise I get some chaos into the implementation. This directory contains
some predefined policy files, for the test cases I have to copy additional
files into that directory.

At the moment I must hold the default policy files in my resource folder,
which makes the job not easier.

Last not least, Andrea has to agree on this because he is my mentor :-)
(Ahh, and btw, the project lead)