I picked this up on another list:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010_Press_Release_3

I know many here are sensitive to the need to obtain a conference pass...

"Due to the effort involved in producing and presenting a workshop, instructors
will receive a single complementary registration to the conference for
delivering a workshop.
All workshop submissions will be considered, but particular interest will be
shown in:
Practical Introduction to FOSS4G software
Integrating Open Source
Spatial Data Infrastructure"

I am not sure if the 2010 has identified contact people to pass on this
information to the email lists yet? The super early bird deadline (360) closed
today and I did not really see this information taken out to the email lists
such as geoserver-devel....

Jody