Justin Deoliveira ha scritto:
> I would tend to lean toward (a). But if we do fix on the server what is
> the fix? Slightly grow the bounding box by some set amount? Not sure.
> Food for thought.

What we publish is in the end what the administrator declared in the
layer configuration.
But the default "compute bbox" method will indeed just return you
an empty bbox.

So the fault is in the middle, the admin setting up the layer could
have been more careful, yet GeoServer should have returned a non
empty bbox.

So I'd say:
- manually fix the layer declared bbox so that it's not a empty
   box
- open a jira so that GS starts computing valid bboxes when the
   admin asks for automatic computation

As a matter of fact I believe the current GeoServer will
fail if you just ask for the tasmania cities layer preview
for that very reason

Cheers
Andrea

--