+1

it seems that we've captured one concern when dealing with another -
rest and configuration management are independent concepts, and we've
either applied policy to REST, where we want to apply it to config, or
we've named a config interface after the protocol. Worth fixing at
some stage - but if you want to keep backwards compatibility you want
to loosen the security on the REST interface, to apply separate
policies on different functions delivered by it.

Rob