Hello, I'm Jose from geotekne.com. Currently we are partners of OpenGeo,
and we would like to contribute at Geoserver with a new community
module, so as we understand, we should ask for permission on devlist.

The objective will be to get SQLite/SpatiaLite as a WFS output format
for GeoServer.
See http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/services/wfs/outputformats.html

The first part of this will involve cleaning up and testing GeoTools
with SpatiaLite on a variety of platforms.  The datastore is at
http://svn.osgeo.org/geotools/trunk/modules/plugin/jdbc/jdbc-spatialite/
We should test it on 32-bit and 64-bit Linux, OS X and Windows.

Then we expect to make an output format for GeoServer WFS. It should
produce a full SQLite / Spatialite single file database.  Done properly
it should construct itself according to whatever WFS parameters are
passed in, so could be multiple featureTypes, with different properties,
of certain areas or attributes.

Let us know if it's ok, and if it's necesary to consider some other
information/request on same "scope".
We would like your approval, and then....permissions to commit on
community folder at svn

Regards

Jose