+1

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähettäjä: Jody Garnett [mailto:jody.garn...@gmail.com]
Lähetetty: 22. tammikuuta 2013 9:57
Vastaanottaja: Ben Caradoc-Davies
Kopio: Geoserver-devel
Aihe: Re: [Geoserver-devel] GSIP 89 Creative Commons with Attribution

On Tuesday, 22 January 2013 at 12:17 PM, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
+1. Good thinking, Jody. Some parts of the documentation, including
production Tomcat and database configuration and remarks on standards,
are quite general, and it would benefit the community if these could be
reused. In my view, CC-BY is a good choice.

Thanks Ben.  More importantly CC-BY is widely understood leading to less
questions (although I am tempted for an example "attribution" for the
developers guide).

As an aside, I note that on the GSIP page, I was pencilled-in as a +0 in
my absence, which is not the same thing as having not voted. Perhaps we
should leave a blank to make it clearer when someone has not voted, as
+0 is a valid vote?
Yeah trouble no matter what way we go, it is useful to mark down "assume
consent" when the GSIP goes ahead without input. In my review of the GSIPs I
found many of the completed pages had gone ahead with no recorded votes. I did
not clean things up (by checking email?) and simply moved them over to the
"done" pile.

Jody