Posting the docs just requires a Boundless employee to take care of this step.
Usually, that is me, and most of the time it only happens when someone posts a
question like this to remind me. :)

I'm all ears for a better solution that's not tied to a single organization (or
to me!), but previous efforts to come up with one haven't been championed
enough to go anywhere.

But in the meantime, docs for all recent GeoServer versions up to and including
2.4.1 have been posted. Guess I'm enabling the status quo. :)

Thanks,
Mike Pumphrey
Boundless - http://boundlessgeo.com