Thanks to everyone for contributing to the email discussion (not sure if I
have the wiki <https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Spring-4-Upgrade>
up to date).

I have two questions:

Q: Kevin how close is geowebcache to being ready? You were looking at
upgrading security component ...

Q: Does any work need to be done "upstream" in the GeoFence project before
the GeoServer community modules can be fixed?

After beta2 (and testing) I get the impression GeoSolutions would like to
have more time to battle harden the result. I do not mind how much time,
only that we decide together.

a) if it is 1-2 months (which is totally reasonable) I would like to end
the code freeze - and we can make a beta2 "when ready".
b) if it is 1-2 weeks (which is also reasonable given how fast the upgrade
was performed) I would like maintain the code free - I understand that this
as a cost to all involved.

--
Jody Garnett