Hi folks,

I have a need where I would like to get access to data provided via
GEOSERVER_NODE_OPTS but in a module that doesn’t depend on the UI modules.
Currently it looks like all the infrastructure for parsing and representing
the parameter lives in the web modules. While I could just add a dependency
on web-core I was thinking it potentially made sense to move some of that
stuff info main.

What I am thinking is this:

   - Introduce an interface named something like GeoServerNodeData that
   would be the “data object” for the properties stored in the node opts
   parameter. It would also come with a default implementation that does all
   the non-UI bits of what DefaultGeoServerNodeInfo does now.
   -

   Update GeoServerNodeInfo adding an accessor to get at the “node data”.
   Something like:

     interface GeoServerNodeInfo {
         GeoServerNodeData getData();
     }

   -

   Update GeoServerNodeInfo.getId() to call through to getData(), and/or
   perhaps deprecate it?

     interface GeoServerNodeInfo {
         default String getId() {
            return getData().getId();
         }
     }

Does that make sense? If folks are ok with the idea I'll whip up a patch. I
am happy to do a proposal as well but I think the changes for this one
should be pretty minimal and non-distruptive.

Thanks!

-Justin