Erik,

thanks for pointing that out. I have removed the exclusions for 2.11.x
and 2.10.x, even though they have not yet caused trouble. This gives us
consistency between the builds.

I do not know the precise circumstances that cause a build flood, but it
seems that removing the exclusions stops it once started. This worked
both last time and this time. There are many bugs filed against Jenkins
git-plugin. I did not find an exact match for this situation (ignores
and continuous retriggering):
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-6658?jql=project%20%3D%20JENKINS%20AND%20component%20%3D%20git-plugin%20AND%20text%20~%20%22ignore%22

Also, I see no reason to exclude docs and geogig as developers may be
building them locally. Leaving them included will allow Jenkins to
detect breakage.

Kind regards,
Ben.