On 08-03-2021 13:01, Niels Charlier via Geoserver-devel wrote:
Hello,

I fixed a bug in geoserver app-schema (https://github.com/geotools/geotools/pull/3367 https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOT-6801). The change I made was very small (one character actually) and in one specific class. To me it seemed appropriate to write a unit test. Since it is JDBC an integration test would only be run online with db, but still require a lot of amount of work to create the right table, mapping etc... Mocking seems useful to me.

searching the code [1] shows we have many, many mocking frameworks already EasyMock, PowerMock, Mockito, WireMock, ... some of which are only used in one unsupported module.

It seems powermock is only used in unsupported modules, so my preference would be to not add this to the core but use one of the other mocking frameworks already used in the core if possible.

[1] https://github.com/geotools/geotools/search?q=mock

Mark