Hi Jody, Brad,

(copying list - omitted by my error)

I haven't done checking on if the layer/layergroup could be shown in the
selected projection, no.  Sounds reasonable to do, although I'll have to
have a think on how to go about it.

What I really would like to achieve is to serve such a layer as a "custom
projection", where the projection and grid are defined similar to
OSMTILE et al., but aren't specifically known to the MapML specification
via the TCRS name, but are defined in GeoServer/GeoWebCache/GeoTools.  So
in GeoServer, you could define an OSMTILE-like projection+grid and have the
MapML preview link lead to that instead of OSMTILE (which is quite hard
coded right now).  I would like to figure out how to shoe-horn such a
projection+grid definition into standard proj/WKT, ideally.

Here are some examples of custom projections, which use proj4.js strings:
https://maps4html.org/experiments/#georeferencing-api  (view source on
those pages and you'll see the definitions).

Sorry for hijacking this thread.  Happy to discuss though!

Cheers,
Peter