Thanks for responding Andrea, I set the quote to expire mid month (…
keeping that timeline in mind.)

I found a comparison here http://www.java-logging.com/comparison/

- Log4j had one more level: “FATAL” (would love to see GeoServer use a
`STATUS` logging level, one notch below INFO)
- Not many functional differences between log4j and logback…
- Log4j can log objects and arrays
- Log4j has a graphic application
- log4j live monitoring by network or pipes <— oh look the feature that got
them in trouble
- logback has commercial support

Jody

Jody Garnett