From: Jody Garnett <jody.garn...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2024 12:17 PM
To: Lahr-Vivaz, Emilio <emilio.lahr-vi...@ga-ccri.com>
Cc: geoserver-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
<geoserver-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: -EXT-Re: [Geoserver-devel] Jakarta EE upgrade support

WARNING:  This message is from an external source.  Evaluate the message
carefully BEFORE clicking on links or opening attachments.

Hello Emilio!

It is really nice to hear from CCRi thank you for contacting us.  It would be
*very* helpful, while a fair amount of work is outlined (planning ahead) only a
few activities are moving.

It is always a risk sharing roadmap information for an open source project from
a funding perspective.

I am going to write an update Q2 roadmap blog post focusing just on:

  *   Goals that are in progress now - Wicket Update
  *   Goals that are actionable now - Spring-security update/rewrite for OAuth2
client / ImageN
  *   Upcoming activities that have attracted in-kind or financial support

Thus far we have not gotten sufficient financial / inkind response response to
do planning, but at least folks are talking :)​

If it is okay with you I will list CCRi as committed for spring-framework
update 'in-kind" activity in the hopes of attracting greater participation:

  *   My understanding is if we add some Java startup parameters to "open
javax" this activity could be worked ahead of ImageN availability.
  *   Even if spring-framework upgrade cannot be worked on directly in July -
some of the actives will be available and unblocked
  *   If I know CCRi is available I can work with my employer GeoCat to be
available in July-September timeframe

Thanks
--
Jody Garnett

On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 7:07 AM Lahr-Vivaz, Emilio