Hi Ed,

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Ed Hudspeth <ed.hudsp...@nnpa.org.uk>wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> On a new install of GeoServer 2.0.2. i have created one coverage using OS
> 250k tif files with associated .tfw files. This worked fine.

Just to make sure I have properly understood: Did you have created an
ImageMosaic with 250.000 tif files right?
Can you do a gdalinfo on one of them? (Just to check if they are simple
TIFFs or proper GeoTIFFs instead).

> However when I repeat the process with any other OS rasters with tfws I get
> the error when trying to create the new store :
>
> "Could not list layers for this store, an error occurred retrieving them:
> Unable to acquire a reader for this coverage with format: ImageMosaic"
>
> and the log (log.txt <http://old.nabble.com/file/p29415856/log.txt>) shows
> some errors about CRSs.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this?

This usually happens when there is no CRS for a dataset. In case a .tif file
is simply a TIFF image, (not a GeoTIFF dataset), the TFW is not enough to
georeference it. It is also required a .PRJ containing the WKT definition of
the related CRS.
Can you also try running another gdalinfo on a TIFF file which doesn't work
when mosaiced?

Please, let us know.
Regards,
Daniele

> Thanks,
> Ed
>

> *
>
> Ed Hudspeth, GIS Officer
> *Telephone: 01434 611561
> Web: www.northumberlandnationalpark.org.uk**
>
> *IMPORTANT NOTICE* - Disclaimer - August 13, 2010 - REF
> Email-201008-00842668. This communication is from Northumberland National
> Park Authority (NNPA).The Authority’s head office and principal place of
> business is Eastburn, South Park, Hexham, Northumberland, NE46 1BS, United
> Kingdom. This communication and any attachments contain information which is
> confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of
> geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net .If you are not the intended
> recipient(s) please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying
> or use of this communication or the information in it or in any attachments
> is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
> communication in error, please delete the email and destroy any copies of
> it. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
> not necessarily represent those of NNPA.Contractors or potential contractors
> are reminded that a formal Order or Contract is needed for NNPA to be bound
> by any offer or acceptance of terms for the supply of goods or services
> Although
> this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
> defects which might affect any computer or IT system into which they are
> received, no responsibility is accepted by the NNPA for any loss or damage
> arising in any way from the receipt or use thereof. Computer systems of this
> Authority may be monitored and communications carried out on them recorded,
> to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful
> purpose.

Eng. Daniele Romagnoli
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.