Hi,
I have a few layers loaded into Geoserver (version 2.0.2) as Oracle
datastores. When I trigger a WFS request on a paticular layer it takes
around 7-8 seconds to get the response.
Here is the request im sending to http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs:

<wfs:GetFeature service="WFS" version="1.1.0"
outputFormat="GML2"
xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs";
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd";>
<wfs:Query typeName="SNORFOLK:SNORFOLKLAYER466">
<ogc:Filter>
<PropertyIsEqualTo>
<PropertyName>PK</PropertyName>
<Literal>24243566</Literal>
</PropertyIsEqualTo>
</ogc:Filter>
</wfs:Query>
</wfs:GetFeature>

The layer has around 1000 features and its table in Oracle has both a
spatial index and a primary key. I have tracked the slow response down to
another layer in another workspace in geoserver that has a huge amount of
data. When I disable this huge layer then the WFS above completes in a
fraction of a second instead of the previous 7-8 seconds. Is there any
reason why the other layer is intefering with the above request? I would
have thought that only the queried layer (SNORFOLK:SNORFOLKLAYER466) would
be accessed in the WFS request.
Regards
Darren