Hi there,

I'm trying to implement a case insenstive LIKE filter by applying the
"strToUpperCase" function to my Literal like this:

<wfs:GetFeature service="WFS" version="1.1.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd";>
<wfs:Query typeName=store:VILLAGES">
<ogc:Filter>
<ogc:PropertyIsLike wildCard="*" singleChar="." escape="!">
<ogc:Function name="strToUpperCase">
<ogc:PropertyName>DISTRICT_NAME</ogc:PropertyName>
</ogc:Function>
<ogc:Function name="strToUpperCase">
<ogc:Literal>SW*</ogc:Literal>
</ogc:Function>
</ogc:PropertyIsLike>
</ogc:Filter>
</wfs:Query>
</wfs:GetFeature>

but am getting a null pointer exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Parsing failed for PropertyIsLike:
java.lang.NullPointerException
Parsing failed for PropertyIsLike: java.lang.NullPointerException
null

i'm guessing as described here:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-2396

i note that the above bug was reported as being fixed in geotools a
while ago, but the problem seems to still exist for me in geoserver.  am
i doing something wrong here, or is it coming in future geoserver releases ?

i'm using geoserver 2.0.2.

thanks very much for everything as always,

-ivan

ACTED.org