> I've not heard of that function, is there a reference or example anywhere?

I learned about "categorize" through an off-list conversation with Andrea.  I
sort of expected to see it listed here:

   http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/filter/function_reference.html

But maybe it's something different.  Not really sure, I'm just learning.

Thanks,
Mike Pumphrey
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org