Sourceforge seems to have a cool new download stat feature.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/geoserver/files//stats/map?dates=2010-02-01%20to%202010-11-17

Looks like 1/4 of all GeoServer downloads are from China.  And there's not
even yet a chinese translation for 2.0.x.  We should probably try to do more
outreach and see if we can get some contributors to the core, as there must
be people doing interesting stuff.  Looks like their forum is pretty active
-
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.geoserver.org.cn/bbs/&act=url

We are only 215 downloads away from 200,000 all time downloads.

You can remove the extensions though, as that always inflates our download
numbers, see

http://sourceforge.net/projects/geoserver/files/GeoServer/stats/map?dates=1995-11-17+to+2010-11-17

137,000 is actually higher than I thought it would be.