On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Gabriel Roldán <grol...@opengeo.org> wrote:
> I just came across the same situation. I quick experiment showed that
> interpolation doesn't work with the fast coverage render path. It works
> with the normal one though.
>
> With the fast coverage render path, bilinear produces strange colors,
> and bicubic gives an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 257. The 257 is
> significative because the coverage is a single band 16-bit color indexed
> image with a pallete of 257 values.
>
> I can create a separate jira if not related though.

Interesting. The aberrations I've seen happen only when zooming in a lot
and are present on the coverage that comes out of the resample (the operation
that reprojects the coverage).
That happens before java2d can kick in even in the standard path, so it
seems odd java2d could cure them.

I am inclined to think that may be a different problem, the fast path
has indeed never been tested with 16bit color indexed image.
But I may be of course wrong as well

Having some test data, styles, and requests to make it fail would be good

Senior Software Engineer

55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

phone: +39 0584962313