On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Robert Holland <robert.holl...@gmx.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your help. That's right, I am looking for something like 2d
> interpolation in SLD. According to your answer, I understand that it is not
> possible to attach data fields to the points of a raster image.
>
> The point that I don't understand is why RasterSymbolizer cannot be adapted
> to be able to work with vector layers. Does it render on the fly?

It does, and can work only if the input is a raster. A set of
scattered points won't do, interpolation is needed to turn it into a
raster
before the symbolizer can act on it.

In fact the interpolation would just estimate the value of the
phenomena in each cell, while the RasterSymbolizer colormap
would be used to turn that value into a color

> Anyway, the research project you point out is both interesting and useful.

Yup

Technical Lead

55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy