Hi,

This is my first post in this forum, and obviously I am learning this suite.
(I hope I do not do a double post during signup)

I have a layer that has the daycare facilities in the state of California.
It comes off a PostGis DB on the GeoServer.

For example:  this URL will resolve in KML at low zoom levels, but as one
zooms out the GeoServer throws tiles with red X's.

http://184.106.68.77:8080/geoserver/wms/kml?layers=pgterradex:ca_daycare

Alternately, this URL from the GeoCache Configure tool will resolve tiles,
but never shifts to the kml as one zooms in. (this is after running tile
generation)

http://184.106.68.77:8080
/geoserver/gwc/service/kml/pgterradex:ca_daycare.png.kml

This results in the following questions that I hope I can get some help
with:

   - How or where do I control the transition from a wms tiles to kml?
   - How do I limit the number of features shown within a view so the map
   does not stack up with icons. (icons overflow map)
   - I used the GeoCache, but did not find web.xml file in the web-inf
   folder - it is empty (Windows version). It is not clear where I find the
   setting to understand where the cache tiles are going.
   - Finally, is there away to set the
<BalloonStyle>$[description]</BalloonStyle>
   in order to avoid the drive to / from showing up in the Google Earth
   Balloon. Description.ftl does not seem to address this.

Thanks,

Bob

--
Bob Wenzlau