On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Robert Holland <robert.holl...@gmx.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to get a map in a different SRS to the declared one (EPSG:4326).
> The point is that whenever I try to get it in other SRS (EPSG:32628) I always
> get a blank image, even though I am specifying a valid bbox for the new SRS.
> It did happen to me in Geoserver 2.0.2 and now it is also happening in 2.1.
>
> The URLs I am using are:
>
> http://localhost/ogc/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=GetMap&layers=ms:lp&styles=&bbox=205125.0,3150125.0,234875.0,3199875.0&width=306&height=512&srs=EPSG:4326&format=image/png
>
> http://localhost/ogc/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=GetMap&layers=ms:lp&styles=&bbox=206308.0,3150625.0,233938.0,3195707.0&width=306&height=512&srs=EPSG:4326&format=image/png
>
>  Geoserver is supposed to support reprojection. Any idea?

I can imagine two causes:
- the original data SRS is invalid. Maybe you have declared it's in
4326 but in fact it's in some other srs
- the bounding box and the srs are inconsistent. In WMS the two have
to be consistent with each other,
  if srs is 32632 it's the job of the client to specify the bbox in
the same coordinates as the srs

In your case it seems you're using projected coordinates for the bbox
but srs still says 4326

Tech lead

Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)