What is the type of the area attribute? GeoServer does not do a straight
string comparison. It attempts to convert the value according of the type of
the attribute. I have seen this case where the attribute type is an integer
and the value is a double specified in this way. So even though 530 ==530.0
the comparison fails.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Fernando Barbat <fbar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using GeoServer 2.0.2. I want to use a PropertyIsNotEqualTo in SLD
> referring to Double field. If the literal is an integer value -it ends with
> ".0"-, the comparison always returns false. Geoserver is probably using a
> String comparison instead of a Double comparison. This problem doesn't shows
> up with PropertyIsEqualTo.
>
> This does NOT work.
>
> <ogc:PropertyIsNotEqualTo>
>   <ogc:PropertyName>area</ogc:PropertyName>
>   <ogc:Literal>530.0</ogc:Literal>
> </ogc:PropertyIsNotEqualTo>
>
> This work:
>
> <ogc:PropertyIsNotEqualTo>
>   <ogc:PropertyName>area</ogc:PropertyName>
>   <ogc:Literal>530</ogc:Literal>
> </ogc:PropertyIsNotEqualTo>
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks.