http://www.youtube.com/user/GeoSolutionsIT
http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonegiannecchini
http://twitter.com/simogeo

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Ivan PRICE <ivan.pr...@noveltis.fr> wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i second this, just spent the last while trying to get GDAL formats
> (specifically ECW) to work.

Notice that for ECW you need to have a valid license, otherwise you
are violating the license of the SDK.

> there seem to be some interesting files here:
> http://java.net/projects/imageio-ext/sources/svn/show/tags/1.1.0/deploy/jar?rev=1238
>
> but even using those and adapting the doco here:
> http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/gdal.html?highlight=imageio

You should follow these instructions:

http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/gdal.html

The links for the download have been updated, now you can get the
files for the release 1.0.8.
In any case, the link is this one:

http://java.net/projects/imageio-ext/downloads/directory/Releases%252F1.0.8

Try following the above instructions and then let's see where you are at.