On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:15 PM, <scott.hayhu...@dpipwe.tas.gov.au> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am trying to cascade a Geoserver 2.1-RC2 server to an old WMS version
> 1.0.0 server.
> I was wondering if the cascading function should support a 1.0.0 WMS
> request?
>
> I ask this because when I enter the Capabilities URL and hit Save, the
> Connection test says it failed due to an "Unexpected end of file from
> server"
>
> Here is the URL structure I am using:
> *MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "wmshostaddress"
> claiming to be*
> http://wmshostaddress?wmtver=1.0.0&request=capabilities<http://wmshostaddress?wmtver=1.0.0&request=capabilities>
>
> I have no experience with the old WMS server so I am assuming that the
> capabilities document that it sends back is correct.

As far as I know the code tries to take into account the old WMS 1.0 servers
as well, but they
are so rare these days that I would not count much on it actually working as
expected.

I guess that server is not publicly avaiable, for testing purposes, eh?

Tech lead

fax:      +39 0584 962313
mob:    +39 333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it