On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 7:39 AM, SSA <sandeep_d...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you David for your reply and time but this didn't work either. I have
> stable version in production so I am afraid if I can do anything to improve
> search. I'll install 2.1 RC to see if this works there.
>
> Its strange that documentation for 2.0 still mentions to use cql filter
> function while they don't work.

The functions do work, as David alreayd explained what you're seeing is a
limitation of the official
OGC CQL language (which is documented in its own OGC standard, I think it's
the catalog one).
A CQL comparison can only have this structure:

GeoServer  2.1 uses ECQL (extended CQL), a home grown set of extensions
on top of the standard CQL that makes the language more similar to SQL and
form to be parsed successfully

Hope this helps

Tech lead

fax:      +39 0584 962313